Many youths today are fond of saying, “life is boring.” “Life sucks…today is a dull day….” And so many other phrases that really tear themselves and others morale down.
Here is a challenge to each one of us. Have you done anything to push yourself out of this so-called realm of boredom? Have you pushed yourself to a new platform and bettered yourself?
Then ask yourself this and try to do this for the next 30 days.
- Don’t keep scrolling Facebook, WhatsApp, or Instagram over and over. Keep some time aside for social media and don’t open it otherwise. Also, stop waiting for that text from your crush or bestie like we often call them.
- Develop a habit of reading every day. If nothing, at least your vocabulary will improve in a month.
- Avoid watching random YouTube videos. I know some of them are very short and entertaining, but it’s still a waste of time.
- Exercise. Drink more water. Avoid chips. Eat healthily.
- Only eat while eating. Only watch TV while watching TV. Don’t multitask.
- Take the stairs.
- Learn to cook. If you were to enter your favorite restaurant’s kitchen and see how they work, you’d never step back in.
- Talking for 10 minutes at the end of the day is better than chatting all day.
- Do something that doesn’t concern you. Whether it is helping your dad in his business or helping a friend with a project. Set aside some time to do things for people.
- Meet your friends. They have the superpower of bringing you back to earth in case you start flying astray.
- Don’t ignore talking to family.
- Watch half an hour of a movie every day to finish it in 4 or 5 days. Binge-watching sounds cool only in the virtual world.
- Just sit for 10 minutes. Close your eyes and just sit calmly.
- Make it your goal of the day to learn something new. At the end of the day, open your phone note pad and type what you learned. Do this to sleep peacefully.
- It doesn’t matter if your desk looks like a battleground, as long as you know what is where.