Organisation: Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the KV and below voltage electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. UEDCL monitors Umeme Ltds investment, distributes power in eight (8) territories covering over Districts operates the pole plant at Lugogo, and executes some of the rural electriﬁcation schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
During, and at the end of the training period, the Graduate Trainee is expected to be able to:
• Understand and explain the overall setup of the electricity supply industry (ESI) in Uganda, and position and mandate of UEDCL in the setup;
• Understand and explain setup of UEDCL as an institution, mission, vision, values, key mandates, and key stakeholders;
• Understand and explain the functions/outputs of departments in UEDCL and contribution to delivering on key mandates;
• Gain a thorough understanding of activities in the units, as outlined in the Strategic Plan, to which the Trainees are supposed to be attached, hence explain individual contribution/deliverables in the activities;
• Carry out practical assignments as and when assigned by supervising Senior Officers, or Management;
• Undergo periodic assessments by overall Training Supervisor;
• Prepare a comprehensive Report at the end of the training programme.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Only candidates with a Bachelors in any Business- or Engineering-related course with First Class Honors’ and Second Class Upper can apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.