Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL) is a Public Limited Liability Company incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act (Cap 110), the Laws of Uganda, and in conformity with the Electricity Act, of 1999. UEGCL started operation on 1st April 2001 and is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda, with the head office located in Kampala.
The mandate of UEGCL is to establish, acquire, maintain and operate electricity generation facilities as well as promote Research and Development in the Electricity generation sector while running the company on sound business principles. The company seeks a professional, competent, experienced, and dynamic individual to fill the following position;
Job Title: Generation Manager
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Supervises :Technical Manager, Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager, and Other support units of the Plant.
Job Purpose: The Generation Manager is accountable for plant performance and is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations and maintenance to ensure plant reliability, availability, and safety.
Education and Professional Requirements
• Minimum level of Education of Honors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university. • Must be a registered engineer with the Engineers Registration Board • Must hold a Masters Degree in Engineering, Business, or management • Postgraduate qualifications in hydropower, engineering, business and management will be an added advantage.
Related Job Experience
• At least 7 years progressive experience in a key leadership/senior position at a hydropower plant with at least 180MW generation capacity.
• Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices
• Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and risk management
• Previous experience/broad understanding of human resource practices
• Good knowledge of generation plant safety and enforcement of safety rules and policies
How to apply
Interested persons with requisite qualifications are invited to address their applications with copies of certified academic documents, professional qualifications, and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating two referees and their full addresses to: Chief Human Resource Officer, Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL) Block C, Victoria Office Park, Okot – Kiwanuka Close, Bukoto P.O. Box 75831 Kampala. Applications should be submitted electronically as one attachment only in portable documents format (pdf) indicating the name and position applied for in the subject line to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Only applications online will be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• UEGCL offers equal opportunities for both male and female applicants.
The deadline for submission is Wednesday 25th January 2023 at 5:00 PM
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.