Ministry/Department- Directorate of Public Prosecutions
Post- STATE ATTORNEY
Vacancies – 100
Reference- HRM 147/286/01
Minimum Age- 21
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/Institution plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior State Attorney for performing the following duties:-
– Advising and guiding the police during criminal investigations;
– Perusing police files in criminal cases triable in the High Court and serious criminal cases triable in the Magistrate’s Courts;
– Prosecuting criminal cases and appealing in the Magistrate’s Courts and High Court;
– Conducting Legal Research;
– Participating in documenting, profiling and creating databases on criminal cases;
– Handling public complaints;
– Participating in providing the necessary support and assisting to ensure the protection of the rights of victims of crime and witnesses;
– Participating in handling public complaints regarding the conduct of prosecutors and handling of criminal cases within the District;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.