Module 6: Navigating Power and Gender Relationships
Areas of focus:
- Young adults need to understand and recognize how unequal power balances and community gender stereotypes will affect their development and the relationships around them.
- They will be taught how to recognize when the power around them is unequal and unhealthy.
- They will be exposed to examples of positive gender relationships
- The will be made aware of the difference between healthy and unhealthy uses of power
- They will discuss alternative views that challenge and break gender stereotypes
- They will be trained in gender sensitivity
- Gain knowledge of gender inclusion policies
- The training will emphasize that while they can`t always avoid or change the restrictive gender relationships and stereotypes, by being able to recognize them, at least they can choose to not adhere to them or be defined by them.
- Positive male role models with experience in use of power that does not degrade, criticize, abuse or violet the rights of women will be invited to talk and interact with participants.