Module 2: Skills for Managing Money
Areas of focus:
- This will cover a series of topics related to money and economic empowerment.
- Money is a major foundation for realising other goals. It is important young adults learn about money;
- Good ways to earn it
- How to spend it wisely
- How to save it
- How to invest it.
- Participants will be taught the key parts of a budget
- If they are still at university they will be supported to start considering the type of jobs they might want to do after completing their degree.
- They will be made aware how banks work, the difference between saving and borrowing, the responsibilities and consequences of borrowing money.
- They will be made to understand how taxation works.
- Participants will be helped to make financial goals, action plans towards achieving them and a personal budget.
- Participants will visit a bank and the National Revenue Authority to see how banking and taxation work.