Module 7: Mindset and Behavior Change Skills
Areas of focus:
- The training will mainly be based on Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- NLP consists of a set of powerful techniques for rapid and effective behavioral modification, and an operational philosophy to guide their use. It is a concept for personal development.
- NLP has many beneficial uses for Life Skills development. It enables better communication, better awareness and control of oneself, better appreciation of other people's feelings and behavioral style, which in turn enables better empathy and cooperation.
- NLP can also be very helpful for stress management and developing self-belief and assertiveness and confidence. It assists in the practical application of ethical and moral considerations and using loving and compassionate ideas.
- Participants will be asked to focus on a habit of their own that they have wanted to change for years and never quite got around to doing so.
- They will take deep reflection on how they become motivated to do something – the triggers that make them act i.e. motivation, outcome, leverage. They will reflect on what they want when they ask someone to change a behavior.
Knowledge of NLP is not essential. Open-mindedness and curiosity are certainly an asset.