Areas of focus:
- Where and how to find job adverts and how to make sense of them
- Writing CVs and cover letters, preparing and taking job interviews
- How the public sector, formal or informal business and agricultural worlds work in the context of national, regional and worldwide politics, labour markets, economics, industry dynamics, civil service and company structures
- Hiring practices and career paths
- Work etiquette – how to be a productive, hardworking and ethical employees or employers;
- Grants, proposal and reports writing
- Staff appraisal processes and experiences
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Participants will be introduced to the art of competitive CV and Cover Letter writing and how to impress a Job Interview panel.
- They will be made to role play as HR staff and screen samples of CVs and Cover Letters to arrive at a short list, and to role play as interview panel members and interviewees.
- They will start writing their own CV based on a real-life job advert.